Thursday, June 19, 2014

Help Me


I, along with several family members and the crew of the Traveler ’33 Willys witnessed the crash of this car driven by my son, Ted Turley, Jr. at the Hot Rod Reunion on Saturday, June 14. We are all thankful that Ted was not seriously injured and would like to thank your safety personnel and other members of your staff for their assistance. Not being able to get on to the track and having to wait by the fence for confirmation of Ted’s condition was the most terrifying moments of my life. As I waited there were two other ladies by the fence who did their best to comfort me; each of them even gave me a hug to let me know they understood how I was feeling. One of those ladies, Vicki (I don’t know her last name) used her golf cart to give me a ride to the turnoff where Ted and his dad, Ted, Sr. were waiting. We picked up Ted, Sr. and she drove us back to our pit area. She did mention that her husband races but I don’t know if he is a regular at your track; I only know that the golf cart was maroon, she was of medium height with dark shoulder length hair. I would very much like to find this lady to thank her personally and would appreciate your sharing this in track announcements, any newsletter you might have or on your website. Once again, thank you to your staff for their assistance at this very scary time.

 
If you need any further information, please feel free to contact me.

 
Ann 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment